Hello, hello! Thanks so much for stopping by Ampersander Studios... I hope you've enjoyed perusing the site so far!
In lieu of the standard, tried-and-true photographer's story of how I picked up my first camera and instantly fell in love with photography (which is true, by the way... I planned on being an architect until I found photography), I thought I'd introduce myself by just diving right in and telling you a handful entirely random and probably nerdy things about me.
- My favorite word is phantasmagoric. I learned it in a History of Photography class in college and have been obsessed ever since.
- I can recite large portions of 'The Princess Bride,' 'Super Troopers' and 'Boondock Saints' from memory at any given moment.
- My favorite book is 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkein. I've read it once or twice a year for as long as I can remember (and can summarize any given chapter just by the title...).
- I own the entire Harry Potter book series in English and in Italian. My Italian is super rusty though, so I've only made it about halfway through the first book in that group.
- My favorite television show of all time is 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' - I've seen the entire series 6 or 7 times through, and I'm still obsessed.
- My friends & I have several annual traditions, including a Memorial Day cookout, camping for Labor Day and a lavish PreThanksgiving dinner, which have proven to be some of my favorite holidays.
- The name "Ampersander Studios" comes from my love (err... obsession might be a better word) with ampersands. I've got probably 15-20 ampersands in different forms (letterpress blocks, artist prints, stickers, pins...) around my house, and it is painfully difficult for me to resist adding to that collection constantly!
I guess that's it for now! If you want to learn even more about me, feel free to check out my Instagram feed. Fair warning: it's about 85% about my dog.